This month, we’re looking for animal photos. Specifically, mammals are our targets—including your own four-legged pets if you like. In the future, we might solicit photos of other critters such as birds, fish, frogs, etc., but for this time it’s all about four-legged mammals. Here are some popular destinations you might want to try:
- Pinckneyville Dog Park (Berkeley Lake) or Newtown Dog Park (Johns Creek)
- Jones Bridge Park, Simpsonwood, or Pinckneyville Park for deer, squirrels, and chipmunks
- The Chattahoochee River for beavers and river otters
- Pinckneyville Park pond on “baseball field side” of the road for beavers at dusk and dawn
- Zoo Atlanta for giraffes, elephants, gorillas, rhinos, antelopes, and lions
- The Georgia Aquarium for sea otters, seals, sea lions, and other aquatic mammals
- Horses at the Equestrian Center of Wills Park (Alpharetta), Foxcroft Farm (Milton), and The Farm at Pamelot (Alpharetta).
We look forward to seeing a photo of your close encounter with a 4-legged mammal you think is really special!
Our theme entries of member photos to be shown and discussed at the August meeting.
You are encouraged to submit one of your photos that is on topic.
The photo can be from your archive. You are encouraged, of course, to do some new photography for this. Do it safely!
In the entry form there is a text section, Description. Tell about the photo and any other information you wish to share.
Submit your entry no later than August 8, 2020, for it to be included in the meeting theme and critique session.
Click HERE or the image below to go to the submission page.