Submit your “Life in the Abstract” Photo for Peachtree Corners Magazine!
The Peachtree Corners Photography Club has been offered yet another opportunity for featuring our members’ photos in the Peachtree Corners Magazine’s Feb/Mar issue. Our 2 two-page spreads in the centerfold of the Dec/Jan issue were superb! If you missed our spreads, please check out the Peachtree Corners Dec/Jan issue!
The theme for our spread in this upcoming Feb/Mar issue will be “Life in the Abstract” with photos from around the City, shot or edited in an unusual way. You can easily take an existing photo taken in Peachtree Corners, and with creative editing, make an abstract of the image. Or you can take some new photos specifically for this purpose. Some example photos by our Club President, Tracey Rice, are included below for inspiration. Can you recognize where they are taken?
There are many ways to create an abstract photo. One way is to start with everyday objects that are recognizable in Peachtree Corners, like the Veteran’s Memorial or the PTC Bridge. Look for a unique angle or perspective that makes the subject “almost, but not quite” unrecognizable. Use a zoom burst, or selective focus, or macro, or super shallow depth of field, or a dramatic color shift, or a funky photo editor plug-in to alter the photo either in camera or in post.
We hope you’re inspired to let your creativity and imagination run wild, and we can’t wait to see what you come up with!
Members of the Peachtree Corners Photography Club may submit up to five (5) images for consideration. If you’re not already a member, join here.
- Must have been taken within the City of Peachtree Corners
- Photography can be new or from your archives.
- Must fit the Abstract theme described above.
- The image must be a .jpg between 2-4 MB.
- The file name must start with the photographer’s name.
- All photos must have a title.
- All photos must have a location where the photo was taken, as specific as possible and practical.
- If there are people in the image who are recognizable, you must have their permission to submit the photo.
Submit your photos – up to five – to this call to photos by
Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 11:59pm.
Two ways to submit your photos:
- If you have a Google account/gmail.com email address, submit your photo here!
- If you do not have a Google account/gmail.com email address, you can submit your photos via email to email@example.com with your First and Last Name, Photograph Title and File name, Description/Comment, and attached your picture.
See below some examples from Tracey Rice!